Monday, July 11, 2011

Enemies of the Heart - 4 Stars

From the moment you start this book, you will read things that will make you think, "Yeah, that does sound a little like me". I think that Andy Stanley did a great job of narrowing down the four poisons to the heart: guilt, anger, greed, and jealousy.

I think that if you even think for one second that you might feel guilty or angry, you should sit down now and start turning the pages. Stanley uses a biblical approach to these secular problems, and I found his book to be useful in giving my own heart an honest assessment.
I think this book is ideal for nearly anyone who wants to life a happier life, free of guilt, anger, greed, or jealousy. Stanley's wisdom and biblical vantage point make a great combination. His tone isn't demeaning, but rather empathetic and understanding. Loved it! Great job, Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment