Thursday, September 15, 2011

As Silver Refined - 5 Stars!

Kay Arthur's "As Silver Refined" is a book about disappointment - and really, who among us can not relate to being disappointed? Arthur establishes that through disappointment we become vulnerable to spiritual attacks. This book goes on to discuss ways to recognize these attacks and correct our own thinking when it comes to disappointing situations.

This book also has a study guide in the back of the book, which makes it a great tool for a student or for a book group studying together. I used these study guides by copying them from the book, and actually filling it out as I worked my way through each chapter. It really reinforced some of the most important things in this book.

This book really opened my eyes, and made me think differently about some of the difficult situations that I have faced in my own life, and the way I reacted to them. Kay Arthur really breaks down disappointment and showed me how the devil uses my disappointment to gain entry into my life. The solid truths that Kay shares with us are well formulated and backed by scriptural truths. 


I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has been through or is going through a difficult or disappointing time in their own life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment