Monday, August 1, 2011

The Fight Of Our Lives - 5 Stars

William Bennett is a literary genius. I have been a fan of Mr. Bennett for years, first enjoying his perspectives while listening to him on the morning conservative talk radio channel. I have always thought he was a brilliant man, and "The Fight Of Our Lives" only steepens my thought. 

"The Fight Of Our Lives" is essentially a book about the dangers facing our country currently - especially dealing with radical Islam. Bennett combines recent and relevant current events with a no-nonsense approach to the security of our country. He gives a great recount of the events and players in the threat of radical Islam facing the United States, and does so in a way that doesn't come off as demeaning, but as extremely concerned.



I also liked that Bennett didn't make this book overly complicated and politically charged. I thought that he made this book simple and easy to read, without any political correctness or "I know better than you" attitude. I really think that anyone could benefit from reading this book. Our country is in trouble, and unless we start dealing with it, we are going to be in big trouble. Bennett makes the case for standing up against these radical Islamists, and does so brilliantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment